E-commerce Berlin Expo has always been a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the industry to learn new things, meet experts, and get inspired by innovative approaches.
For Organizers, this challenge is an exciting chance to showcase their expertise in directing an event that not only informs but also inspires and connects the e-commerce community like never before.
And they did it again in 2024. While it’s not the first time the E-Commerce Berlin Expo will be held, this year’s agenda is exceptionally amazing, with fresh and exciting perspectives in the world of e-commerce.
The line-up stands out for several reasons. What makes the 2024 agenda so amazing – and who will share their insights in Berlin?
#1 First Grand Opening in the history of EBE
This year, for the first time, the Organizers are also presenting an official opening session. In this special presentation, they will summarize what they believe to be the most crucial and impactful trends in the e-commerce industry. Efe von Thenen, CMO at ePages and Chairman of the Advisory Board at EBE, will lead this session.
#2 Amazing keynotes that you won’t want to miss
Keynotes are the bread and butter of each conference, and this is especially true at the E-commerce Berlin Expo 2024. This year, the event is set to outdo itself with an array of speakers who are not just leaders in their fields but also pioneers in shaping the future of e-commerce. The lineup promises to deliver insights that are both groundbreaking and actionable, making EBE24 a must-attend event for industry professionals.
- Thomann Music – Dr. Christian Maaß, CDO & MD. Christian’s keynote will focus on the importance of foundational work over blindly chasing trends – a philosophy he’s currently writing a book about.
- Ikea – Farzin Saber, Global VP Digital Project Office. Farzin will discuss the strategic navigation from offline to online customer experiences, a topic of immense relevance in today’s retail landscape. His presence marks a significant milestone for the Expo, as it brings even more high-level insights to the forefront.
- Refurbed – Kilian Kaminski, Founder. Kilian will explore the impact of recommerce and the opportunities within the circular economy, particularly in scaling e-commerce businesses. Recognized as a Forbes “30 under 30 Europe”, “Capital Top 40 under 40,” and EY Entrepreneur of the Year in 2023, Kilian is surely anticipated to be one of the highlights of the event.
Don’t miss also:
- OTTO – Jörg Heinemann, Innovation Evangelist. He will cover social commerce & liveshopping, with many insights into the ever-changing landscape of social commerce.
- OMIO – Norman Nielsen, VP Growth, will share “5 Super Easy Ways to Skyrocket Your E-Commerce with AI in 2024,” with practical AI applications for e-commerce growth.
- Crocs – Rebecca Lacerda, Head of Digital Marketplaces. Rebecca will talk about marketplaces, explaining the e-commerce odyssey and the divergence of online and offline footprints.
- Philips – Serkan Otles, Senior Director, Global Head of Business Development, will cover “A Consumer-Centric Digital Transformation Journey,” with strategies to adapt omnichannel strategies in-store, online, and on social platforms.
#3 The presence of giants in the industry
Companies often gravitate towards events where the key players of the industry are present. This year’s E-Commerce Berlin Expo is proof of that, with an impressive lineup of industry giants. The focus is on those who are making quite an impact in the e-commerce world – and the list is nothing short of remarkable.
Leading the charge is Amazon, a name that speaks for itself. They offer attendees insight from a company that has continually redefined e-commerce. Alibaba, another titan in the industry, brings a wealth of knowledge from the Asian market. TikTok, the social media sensation that already started making waves in e-commerce by blending entertainment with shopping, is also part of the lineup! This conference is also enhanced by Uber, a company that revolutionized transportation and delivery services.
That’s just the beginning, though.
#4 Panel discussions, redefined
Elevating its game this year, the E-Commerce Berlin Expo is proud to present a dynamic and robust lineup of panel discussions featuring some of the most influential figures in the industry.
A highlight is the E-food panel, which involves top executives from HelloFresh and the head of Lieferando in Germany, a leader in the food delivery sector. Panelists will offer valuable insights into the fast-evolving world of online food services, a sector that has seen exponential growth over the last few years.
The Automotive panel will feature representatives from market leaders like BMW and VW, and is a rare opportunity to hear from the giants of the automotive industry about how e-commerce is reshaping the way vehicles are marketed, sold, and serviced.
The Conversational E-commerce panel will cover the growing trend of using chatbots, voice assistants, and other conversational interfaces to improve the online shopping experience.
And then, the AI in E-commerce panel will explore the newest applications of artificial intelligence in e-commerce – from personalized shopping experiences to inventory management, and beyond.
More to come!
#5 A diverse range of topics
Every single year, the E-Commerce Berlin Expo is all set to explore really interesting topics. But, there is even more variety of topics this year than in previous years.
A major highlight is the focus on AI and ML. The Expo dedicates an entire stage to this theme, mirroring its growing importance in the e-commerce sector.
Another critical topic is the ongoing impact of the pandemic, particularly the crisis and slowdown experienced by certain sectors post-COVID. How are some businesses getting back on their feet?
Then, the Expo will explore the emerging field of social commerce, with examples from TikTok, Universal Music, and HSE. This topic highlights how social media platforms are becoming increasingly integrated with e-commerce to change how consumers discover and purchase products.
Omnichannel strategies are also emphasized, with case studies from leading brands like IKEA, Philips, and Crocs. Presentations will focus on how companies integrate their online and offline presences to increase customer satisfaction.
Speaking of case studies, though, this year’s Organizers were determined to secure many case studies across the stages. And they did it! The Expo is loaded with a variety of case studies from notable companies such as Schwartz IT (part of the Schwarz Group, along with Kaufland and Lidl), Transgourmet (in charge of Selgros or Cash and Carry), Casio, Flaconi, Citi, and Samsøe Samsøe, among others.
See you in Berlin
The E-Commerce Berlin Expo 2024 is shaping up to be the event of the year for anyone interested in e-commerce! With a lineup that’s both exciting and promising, it’s the perfect place to be for anyone looking to learn and grow in this field. EBE24 makes an ideal opportunity for those in the industry to come together, learn, and be inspired by the latest trends and innovations in e-commerce. So, what are you waiting for? Secure your free ticket here.