Allegro stands as a major player in Poland’s e-commerce landscape, as it offers a dynamic marketplace that connects sellers with quite a vast audience of Polish consumers – over 20 million, to be exact.
It’s a platform where diversity meets demand, with an extensive range of products across various categories. While we mentioned Poland only, Allegro is now present in six countries across Central and Eastern Europe, so you can reach a wide regional audience with your offers. .
Coming back to Poland, though, the key to Allegro’s success here lies in its deep understanding of the local market – tailored to meet the unique preferences and needs of Polish shoppers.
This marketplace is more than a place for a few transactions – for merchants and retailers, it’s a gateway to Poland’s thriving e-commerce ecosystem, with unparalleled access to one of Europe’s most vibrant online shopping communities.
And retailers are increasingly looking to begin their journey on the platform, which isn’t surprising. How can they get started with Allegro? They probably don’t realize how easy it is – and we’re here today to dispel the doubts and help them – and you – sell on Allegro.
Getting Started with Allegro
The Allegro Welcome Program is especially helpful for new business accounts.
It’s designed to ease your first months on the platform by offering various discounts, including reduced commission rates. This program is key in helping you find a sales strategy that suits you best.
Key Steps for Account Registration and Activation on Allegro:
- #1 Register and Activate Your Allegro Account:
- Create your account with a chosen login. Remember, you can’t change this login later.
- Provide recent verification documents (issued within the last 4 months). If you’re in the EEA, documents should be in English or Polish. Outside the EEA, provide documents in English and your language.
- Set up your payout account during this process.
- #2 Account Activation:
- Activate your sales by verifying your bank account details through a bank transfer.
Shortly after registration, you will receive details about the Welcome Program and how to activate it, setting you up for a successful start on Allegro.
For more details, please visit Allegro’s help pages for sellers:
🔶 You’re good to go! (and sell!)
Understanding how Allegro works
Starting with sales on Allegro is as easy as joining it. It’s worth taking a few things into consideration, though, in order to do so efficiently.
Allegro’s marketplace operates on an offer-based structure, not a product-based one.
This means when users search for a product, like a Nintendo video game console, they will see various offers from different merchants rather than a single listing.
Understanding how to craft effective offers and improve your listing position is your key to success on Allegro – but we’ll cover that later on!
The platform has 14 main categories, and its search engine considers the offer:
- and parameters.
Offers are sorted by relevance by default, and an offer’s position is influenced by the quality of the merchant’s overall sales. Therefore, you should focus on how you’re presented on Allegro from the very beginning. This system highlights the importance of optimizing your offers for better visibility and sales performance.
In “About the Seller,” give buyers a glimpse into your business ethos.
In Allegro, there are several ways to list your offers, catering to different needs and capabilities of sellers.
You can use:
- the dedicated listing form,
- flat files for bulk listings (up to 10,000 offers),
- the API (ideal for those with a developer team),
- or integrators for managing multiple platforms simultaneously.
In the ‘My Offers’ tab, sellers can edit offers in bulk, include them in sales campaigns, manage them through the 0.5% commission program, resume offers, and add labels and tags for easier management.
Additionally, offers can be linked with products for better organization.
Sellers can also use automatic translation for their offers. This means you can provide your content in English, and it’ll be translated for you. Plus, if you set your offers to be active in the Czech market, the automatic translation will cover not just Polish, but also Czech. Slovak is on the horizon, too, so you’ll soon be reaching even more customers!
In short: before making the first sale, you have a lot of possibilities to tweak your settings. Speaking of the first sale, let’s see how to go through this process on Allegro.
Last Steps before Putting your First Offer on Allegro
Returns are a critical aspect of online retail, as it impacts both customer trust and legal compliance. Detail your return and complaint policies clearly! These are vital for building customer trust and meeting legal requirements.
Also, this section ensures you set up a return policy that respects Polish consumer rights, maintaining both legal adherence and customer satisfaction. You need to align your policy with the Polish 14-day return period, assuring compliance and clarity. For complaints, the liability period is 2 years.
🔶 To list your first Allegro offer, you must fill out the Return and Complaint policies.
This part of your setup dictates how your products reach your customers, influencing their overall shopping experience. Creating a smooth and transparent shipping process is something that might let you win on Allegro.
Steps to take:
- Formulate a free shipping strategy that aligns with your business model.
- Implement a clear pricing strategy for orders containing multiple items.
- Clearly separate shipping time from dispatch time to set realistic delivery expectations.
Be SMART: discover Allegro SMART!
Starting your journey on Allegro can be an exciting venture, especially when you tap into the benefits of Allegro SMART! This unique program is designed to elevate your selling experience and improve both your visibility and sales.
If you’re based in Poland, but also Germany, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, or France, you’re in luck! You have the exclusive opportunity to join the SMART! program, provided you meet certain criteria.
First things first, to qualify for Allegro SMART!, you need to offer free delivery and free returns. Plus, your shipping needs to be handled through one of three designated couriers, ensuring that your products reach your buyers swiftly and safely.
High ratings are your ticket to success on Allegro.
They reflect the quality of your service, showing potential buyers that you’re a top-notch seller who values customer satisfaction. Once you meet these requirements, the SMART! badge will automatically grace your offers. There’s no subscription fee on the seller’s side to participate in this program.
Offers with the SMART! badge are chosen 2.5 times more often than those without it. That’s a huge boost in visibility and sales potential. Moreover, SMART! sellers experience growth five times faster than their counterparts. It’s a game-changer, especially in a competitive marketplace like Allegro.
With over 5 million Polish buyers already subscribed to Allegro SMART!, your offers are poised to attract a vast audience eager for quality products and services. As a result of this program, your selling proposition is enhanced, and you are able to connect with buyers who value the value of excellent service and reliability as well.
So, why not take advantage of this opportunity and see where it takes your business?
Let’s Start Selling
The process of putting your offer up there is straightforward ✅
To improve the position of your offers on Allegro, focus on the following key factors:
- Categories and Subcategories: Accurately categorize your offers.
- Parameters: Add detailed product features to distinguish and specify variants.
- High-Quality Offers: Double-check if titles, descriptions, and thumbnails are of high quality.
- Offer Attractiveness: Consider views, purchases, price, etc.
- Sales Quality: Maintain a good sales record.
- Promoting and Advertising: Use Allegro’s promotional tools effectively.
For titles, keep them concise and in Polish, avoiding keyword stuffing or misleading phrases.
❌ exceed 50 characters
❌ manipulate keywords (e.g., “almost like Nike”)
❌ include too much information as this is likely/required to be put in designated tabs and parameters section
While thumbnails should have a white background and focus solely on the item,
The gallery pictures can be more varied, showing different aspects of the product:
The descriptions are informative, clear, and visually appealing, without irrelevant details. Don’t add information about return policy, shipping, or your contact details in this section – there are separate tabs made just for it. It’s also forbidden ❌ to add links to your online store and encourage buyers to contact you before the purchase.
Consider creating multi-variant offers for products with different options like color or size, as they can enhance customer retention and listing position.
For more details, refer to Allegro’s guidelines and best practices.
Made your first sale on Allegro?
Great! But there’s more to do after selling.
Successful post-sales management is something that can help you build customer loyalty, customer relationships, and your reputation. Let’s explore the important steps in Allegro’s post-sale process.
- Order Management:
- Track and manage orders in the Orders tab.
- Add tracking numbers and update order statuses.
- Export order data for record-keeping.
- Print shipping labels and lists for efficient dispatch.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- Respond promptly to buyer queries, preferably in Polish. You have 24 hours to do so on Allegro. Buyers can open a discussion within 1 hour and up to 180 days after purchase.
- Resolve any issues to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Handling Discussions:
- Address discussions initiated by buyers regarding issues like non-receipt or product discrepancies.
- Timely responses to discussions are necessary to avoid account suspension.
- Buyer Reviews and Ratings:
- Monitor and manage buyer reviews and ratings visible on the platform.
- Engage with customers to resolve issues before they leave negative reviews.
For the latter, you should also familiarize yourself with Sales Quality indicators – let’s touch down on this topic below.
Keep an Eye on your Sales Quality
Sales Quality on Allegro is a crucial metric that influences your offer’s position in listings and search results. It’s also essential for qualifying for Allegro campaigns like Black Week.
This metric comprises various factors related to your account, service, and offers, with a significant emphasis on customer interactions like discussions and messages.
Your Sales Quality dashboard provides performance details and improvement tips, and shows you how you’re doing.
Remember, a low Sales Quality score can negatively impact your listing position, might leave you out of special campaigns, and, in the end, may lead to account suspension.
Let’s Talk About Finances
After making sales, you handled everything post-sale – and now it’s time to get your finances in order.
- E-wallets: Funds are stored in the PayU wallet, with a P24 wallet available for EEA users for installment purchases. Payout account settings can be changed as needed.
- Payouts: Regular payouts are made on specific days of the month, with different terms for EEA
- Fees and Commissions: Allegro typically charges a success fee, with no listing fee in most categories. The Fee Calculator helps determine the commission for offers.
- Refunds: Sellers are responsible for refunds, using wallet balances or bank accounts for processing. Partial refunds are also an option.
- Commission Refunds: Sellers can apply for commission refunds under certain conditions, with an automated process in most cases.
- Invoices: These are issued monthly, with payment methods varying for EEA
🔶 To avoid account suspension, make payments on time!
You’re good to go!
You’re all set to start your journey on Allegro! As you’ve seen, it’s pretty straightforward. If you’re already familiar with Allegro but looking to delve deeper, check out more detailed information in this guide. Or, explore what else Allegro offers. Good luck and happy selling!