The Ecommerce Foundation released a report on the state of ecommerce in Germany in 2018. The report has been created in cooperation with the foundation’s partners Computop, Mazars, Osudio, .shop, SAP, and Händlerbund to help companies assess their potential on the German ecommerce market.
The study includes hand-selected data to help domestic and international online businesses identify growth opportunities on the German ecommerce market. It covers areas such as Infrastructure and Logistics, E-commerce Landscape and German Consumers. You will also learn the most recent figures on the German demographics, unemployment and GDP.
The authors of the report have discovered that:
- Germany’s population is expected to increase in 2018
- Overall unemployment is falling, but for young people it is still very high
- German GDP is growing steadily
- Germany ranks 12th in Internet Inclusivity
- Germany still ranks 3rd in B2C online turnover in Europe
- Internet penetration is increasing steadily
- Germany ranks 1st in the world for logistical performance
- Consumers are buying more frequently on average and spending more
- Buying from non-EU destinations is on the rise in Germany
- Facebook is the preferred social media platform
- Consumers mainly buy books/movies/music/games online
- ≈70% of consumers research online before a major buy
- Most retailers use DHL in Germany for delivering goods
The Ecommerce Foundation analyses ecommerce, B2C and cross-border selling in 40+ countries globally. So far, the foundation has released 14 National Ecommerce Reports, a European Ecommerce Overview Report with insights for European countries, and a Global Ecommerce Overview Report.
To view all free and paid reports available to date, click here.
Want more free and recent reports? Check out the free Payment Methods Report 2018 by The Paypers.